Also, I'm insulted that no one has tagged me for the Dork Meme. Actually, the reason no one has tagged me may have a lot to do with the fact that I don't think anyone I know has done the Dork Meme. But I'm going to do it anyway.
"List 5 reasons why you are a dork. And make them good reasons. Justify them. Explain them. Be loud and proud about how big of a dork you are! Then pick the 5 biggest dorks you know and have them do the meme."
1. Of the Top 250 Movies of all Time as voted by IMDB users, I've only seen five. The ones I've seen were the original three Star Wars movies, The Wizard of Oz, and Back to the Future. And I only saw the three Star Wars ones because it was impossible not to see them when my mother and brother kept watching them in the living room several hundred times in a row. I mean, the other two weren't really my idea to see either, but at least I wasn't actively trying to avoid them like I was trying to avoid the Star Wars ones.
2. However, I've seen - intentionally - every TV episode of every Star Trek series ever made.
3. Of the College Board's 101 Great Books Recommended for College-Bound Readers (which is an annoyingly sexist and racist list, but I couldn't find any non-sexist non-racist version of the "canon" without creating one myself, which would defeat the purpose of referring to it for the meme's sake), I've read 61, plus I own an additional 4 that I haven't yet read but am planning to read, plus there are 9 others where I haven't read the book named but I have read other books by the same author. This is far too high a number for me to be anything but a dork.
4. If I were ordered to Get Some Exercise, my exercise of choice would be roller skating. Anyone over the age of ten who would choose this is a certified dork.
5. The last time I had a crush on anyone I didn't meet online, or who lived within 300 miles of me, was about six years ago. Enough said.
Top 5 Dorks I Know:
(in alphabetical order, and as determined via the highly scientific method of searching for everyone I know who lists dorks, dorkiness, geeks, geekiness, nerds, nerdiness, James Joyce, math, RPGs, Star Trek, or William Shakespeare in their LiveJournal interests, and then looking at their full interests lists to sort out whose seemed dorkiest)